Monday, October 29, 2007

Project #6: The Final Frontier

WOW! It's only 3 weeks till the end of the quarter already. Time flies! Almost finished with my first quarter in this crazy adventure that I've been enjoying so far. With the end approaching it also comes the time for Final projects, and Studio Craft is not the exception.

For the Final Project we get to choose basically what we want to do. I decided to work with portraits again. I liked that from the last project and I really want to get good at working the strobes light. The concept will be "Childhood Memories", recreating common scenes from childhood, but instead of using kids, I'll be using adult posing like kids. My sweet friends accepted my offer and idea and they'll pose for me. I have three basic poses to start with:

1) One of my friend, Jen, has this cute, fluffy sheep and I imaged her holding it close to her eyes. Something like this:


2) Another Friend of mine, Vanessa, loves candy. So it will be fun to use that to make a picture something like this:



3) Jorge and Aida will be recreating that time when boys tease girls. I image a shot in which Jorge is pulling Aida's breaded hair.

4) I would like to try to work with bubbles. I know its going to be a little hard, but maybe if the first shots turned out well on time, I'll play with the bubble to try something like this.

I'll be using the strobe kit and the Canon 5D for this shot. Tomorrow I'll be checking my models wardrobes and some of the prob (lolly pop, sheep, etc) to determine the kind of background I'll need (at least color wise). Since its a "kidish" shot, I think bright colors would set up a better mood...We'll see!

No comments: