Friday, October 26, 2007

The making of a Portrait

This past Wednesday, Beatrice and I had the opportunity of directing a Portrait Shoot as part of our project #5 for the Studio Class. As you already know, our model was my friend Goñi. We set up the studio like this:


The professor helped us set up the lights since there was our first time working with them. We made our light readings (60 secs @ f11) and set up the main light with the soft box in front to get a glamour like shot. Some of the examples...

We changed the main light to try out other types of shot. We did some with that lighting but decided that we like the glamour best.

We had a lot of fun and learned a lot about how to meter light and work them out. I found out that I love to work with people and expression more than working with things. It harder but I like it! I can't wait to start working on the final project that will be portraits too. But that's another post...

No comments: