Sunday, November 19, 2006

I had a Nintendo Entretainment System

This weekend was a weekend of bliss for all the Hardcore gamers: Two major consoles were released - Nintendo Wii and PS3. Each one with its unique set of mind-blowing features, from wireless connectivity to gyro-motion sensors. Each one promises to make a big leap on the gaming world. Being a player myself, this is a very anticipated moment. Which made me think about how this "world", the gaming world has evolved...and I've been there since almost the beginning...I HAD a Nintendo Entertainment System.



Yeap, and proud of it! I played the real console. Not the emulator on the PC or PSP. 8-bit gaming, text-base "movies", 6-option controllers! I played Mario, Duck Hunt, the original Metal Gear, Contra, and my favorite THE LEGEND OF ZELDA! They required a lot of imagination to play them...but how cool we thought they were and how many hours did we "lose" playing them...

Do you remember this Screen?

Or This one?
Didn't you hate that dog...and try to shoot him?

And my ultimate-all-time-favorite... THE LEGEND OF ZELDA!

Years have passed and the games don't look the same anymore. I still play them...well I have a game cube now, a DSLite and a Game boy SP...Yeap still a Nintendo girl, as long as they own the Zelda rights. I just love that guy!..hehehe. I know everyone is waiting to have a PS3, I'm just dying to try the wiimote and have the nintendo-gyromotion-wireless expirence...What can I say? I'm a Nintendo Girl!!

No comments: