Wednesday, September 13, 2006

27 on the 27th!

The past August 27, 2006, I turned 27. Wow! Already 27? But if it looks like it was yesterday, I graduated from High School. Time Flies! But, It was my BIRTHDAY!!! And if you know me, you know I just LOVE Birthday...Mine or somebody else's. I think that Birthdays should be always celebrated. I mean, you have to celebrate that you lived another year!!! It's a big thing! Anyways, I tried to make everybody feels special about it!

But this year, I felt different. Days before my birthday, I was feeling "blue". I was with no inspiration or desire to plan my own birthday...I didn't know why. But my wonderful friends and boyfriend, noticed my "blue state" and took over my day.

My celebration started @10pm of the 26th. My Boyfriend took me to "Playita Azul" at Cabo Rojo, and we waited my birthday day there, like a New Year's celebration. In the morning, he went to my house and prepared me my favorite breakfast, omelets! We played a little of Age of Mythology (one of my favs, too) until 2pm, when part of the "Tribu" took over my home. We called it Sharma's BBQ/Home warming/Birthday Party. They prepared everything, decoration, cake, appetizers, everything! I didn't have to do ANYTHING. It was kind of weird (in a very good way), because I'm a control freak and a "Master Planner" as Goni says. So, leaving them prepare everything was part of the fun.

For the BBQ there was homemade Hamburgers, Tuscan style Hamburgers ...Made by Christian...There were so good!!! Well, you can tell for my face in the photo.

Jen's Mom made the cake. It was a beautiful and delicious CHOCOLATE CAKE! They even put 27 candles on it. "Should I use a fire extinguisher?" Maybe not yet! But it looked scary...hehehe



The "theme" was something like Hawaiian and because Goni don't like birthday hats (he was buying the decoration :) ), everybody was wearing a mini Leigh...Except mine... Mine was huge!

^All the guys @ the Party (a chunk of "La Tribu")........

^Me with my sweet Boyfriend, OBI!!


^Remember this?

Jennilee found "Sorpresitas" as party favors. They are this envelopes (like you see in the photo) that has one candy and one small toy. They used to sell those @ school when we were little. Surprise was that they are @ the same price, $0.15!!! Everybody went crazy with them. "OMG! Do they still sell those?... Remember when....?" was the reaction every time somebody entered the house and saw them. She got one for everybody and here is the pic of everybody showing their prices!
I had an amazing time with everybody, it was real fun. I reassured how blessed I am for having such amazing friends and family. The party, the lots of calls from loved ones, the memories...It was exactly like I wanted! THANK YOU!!!
A 27-year-old Me

No comments: