Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A little twist

My blog is taking a little twist. Now, it would include a more detailed journal of my research on photography as part of my Studio Craft Class. I'll be posting here things I would like to try, photos I like, or elements in photos that I like. This is also an experiment. I'm making a simultaneous journal: one blog and the other in paper and see which one I enjoy the most. The winner will be my journal not only for the class but for my masters years. So, let see how it goes...

To start with this journal, today I went to Borders and figured out that my magazine readings could be more focused into research. As you know, magazines are filled with all kinds of photos: fashion, ads, etc. So, I bought a bunch of them, and started my research. The only problem is that I have to scan them in order to post them here. But I'll do that later. I also looked through my collection of photos and found a photo of a very very dear friend of mine.
This photo was taken by a friend of us, with a D40 under a Tucson Restaurant light. I love how my friend looks in this photo. I would like to recreate his look but using studio lights. Looking at his photo I also figured out that I like taking pictures of human expressions, specially of their eyes. I'm curious about how I can capture those things on a studio.

No comments: